This week as we continue our look at the spiritual armor we come to our feet (Eph. 6:15). There are two keys to this passage—readiness to share the message; and the message itself, the gospel of peace. Here are a few reminders from previous studies that can help us in this essential aspect of every Christian’s life—sharing the gospel message.
Paul tells his story in telling the story. (Acts 22:1-21; 26:9-23; Phil. 3:4-14; 1 Tim. 1:12-17)
Essentials in telling my story: 1) My life before Christ 2) When and how I became a Christian 3) My life in Christ now that I’m a Christian
Peter tells us to be ready to tell our story. (1 Peter 3:15-16)
Some Hints and Helps
- Be honest.
- Be compassionate.
- “Speak the truth in love.”
- Have appropriate expectations.
- Give people an out.
- “Treat adults like adults.”
- Be genuinely interested in people’s concerns.
- Don’t leave converts hanging out to dry.
- Practice what you preach.
- Relish the victories—there will be victories!
- Move on from the defeats—there will be defeats!
- Acknowledge the responsibilities of others—and don’t try to take their part away from them.
- Acknowledge God’s role—and don’t try to take His part away from Him.
- Acknowledge your role—to sow the seed; to plant/water/teach/encourage; to be an example; to pray.
- Recognize the difference between “success” and faithfulness.
- Be faithful.
- Trust God and His Word.
- “Just do it!!”